SDL-News: about the time type in SDL

Subject: SDL-News: about the time type in SDL
yy01#mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 11:44:22 GMT

-----From "" <yy01#mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> to sdlnews -----

Hi,members,
  I have a question about the time type in SDL programming. I am now using
Telelogic Tau 4.3 and We all know that "now" is the only predefined value of time
type. But I don't know if "now" can give the actual system time? In simulations, I
found out that time in SDL only makes an abstract sense, and it is only used to
schedule events. It seems that it has no relations with the physical time.
  I hope to stamp the received packet with the current system time, Can "now" be
useful? If not, what should I do?
  Thanks in advance!
  Best regards,
Yang Yang

--End text from "" <yy01#mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>