Re: AW: SDL-News: PR format

Subject: Re: AW: SDL-News: PR format
Souad.Taouil-Traverson#alcatel.fr
Date: Wed Oct 28 1998 - 10:43:15 GMT

-----From Souad.Taouil-Traverson#alcatel.fr to sdlnews -----

     The format used internally by SDT is not exactly the PR format because
     it includes some graphical information.

Author: rickreed at SMTP/DD.RFC-822=rickreed#tseng.co.uk
Date: 28/10/98 09:59

-----From Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews -----

At 10:00 +0100 28/10/98, peter egner wrote:
>SDL in its PR format is only a subset of SDL in GR format.
>For this reason it is per definiton possible to convert from GR format
>into PR format. In this case the GR extensions have to be removed.

I would be interested to know exactly which "extensions" Peter Egner is
referring to. As far as I can remember there are none. Although most
individuals use the GR form, tools in fact use the PR form internally. When
you run an analysis in SDT, it creates a PR file then analyses that. GEODE
keeps the SDL in PR form with embedded comments about the graphics. This is
the same as the CIF format.

All tools that I know (in alphabetical order: Cinderella, GEODE, SDT) can
import and export PR, and can create graphics from PR (though you may need
to tidy up).

I say "all tools that I know", because I was informed recently that the
Melba tool from Austalia has been relaunched with current SDL support, but
I have not had a chance to check it out.

--
Rick Reed, TSE Limited
13 Weston House, 18-22 Church Street

-----End text from Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews -----
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org

-----End text from Souad.Taouil-Traverson#alcatel.fr to sdlnews ----- For help, email "majordomo#sdl-forum.org" with the body of your email as: help or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org