SDL-News: REVISED PROCESS ALGEBRA SEMANTICS OF SDL

Subject: SDL-News: REVISED PROCESS ALGEBRA SEMANTICS OF SDL
From: Kees Middelburg (Kees.Middelburg#phil.uu.nl)
Date: Wed Oct 28 1998 - 09:54:27 GMT

-----From Kees Middelburg <Kees.Middelburg#phil.uu.nl> to sdlnews -----

The following report, available as CWI Report SEN-R9809, supersedes
   PROCESS ALGEBRA SEMANTICS OF phiSDL by Bergstra and Middelburg.

       DISCRETE TIME PROCESS ALGEBRA AND THE SEMANTICS OF
SDL

        J.A. BERGSTRA C.A. MIDDELBURG Y.S. USENKO

 Abstract:
 We present an extension of discrete time process algebra and we propose
 a semantics for a simplified version of SDL, using this extension of
 discrete time process algebra to describe the meaning of the language
 constructs. This version covers all behavioural aspects of SDL, except
 for communication via delaying channels which can easily be modelled.
 The semantics presented here facilitates the generation of finitely
 branching transition systems for SDL specifications and thus it enables
 validation.

 Keywords & Phrases:
 process algebra, ACP, discrete time, relative timing, semantics,
 specification language, SDL, asynchronous communication, timers

                  Requests for a hard copy can be sent to:

                         mailto:keesm#win.tue.nl

* The Report is also available via WWW or FTP:
*
*
*
* http://www.win.tue.nl/~keesm/SEN-R9809.ps.gz
*
*
*
* ftp://ftp.cwi.nl/CWIreports/SEN/SEN-R9809.ps.Z
*
*
*

| Kees Middelburg
+ Computer Science Department, Eindhoven University of Technology
| P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, the Netherlands
+ Department of Philosophy, Utrecht University
| P.O. Box 80126, 3508 TC Utrecht, the Netherlands
+ mailto:keesm#win.tue.nl + http://www.win.tue.nl/~keesm/

-----End text from Kees Middelburg <Kees.Middelburg#phil.uu.nl> to sdlnews -----
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org