SDL-News: Functional Specification and Description Language 1976!

Subject: SDL-News: Functional Specification and Description Language 1976!
From: Rick Reed TSE (rickreed#tseng.co.uk)
Date: Sun Jan 31 2010 - 18:23:40 GMT

-----From Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews -----

Dear Colleagues,

I was recently contacted about the early history of the Specification and
Description Language. As a result I scanned in the paper copy I have of the
very first Recommendations approved in 1976 (and published in 1977) in the
CCITT Orange Book. Rather than just send a copy to the person requesting it,
I have put the result on SDL Forum WWW, both in the public area at:

http://sdl-forum.org/ftp/pub/z100/z.100_1976.pdf

and the members only area (usename/password needed) at

http://www.sdl-forum.org/members/Downloads/z.100_1976.pdf

BTW: Does anybody have copy of the CCITT Red Book Fascicle containing
Specification and Description Language Recommendations? I think I have all
the other versions, but not this one.

--
Rick Reed - rickreed#tseng.co.uk
Tel:+44 15394 88462 Mob.:+44 7970 50 96 50

--End text from Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews --- For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>.