SDL-News: overlapping text areas and text extensions

Subject: SDL-News: overlapping text areas and text extensions
From: Paul Herber (paul#pherber.com)
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 13:09:33 GMT

-----From Paul Herber <paul#pherber.com> to sdlnews -----

Hi all,
I have a customer who has inherited an SDL system and is complaining about
the layout of many of the diagrams and the unreadability of them.

1. pages of definitions containing collapsed text areas which when
expanded, either on screen or when printed, produce an unreadable mess.
I've suggested that their best option is to not use the collapse feature
and to spread out the definitions over several pages. Here is a much
simplified example:
http://www.sandrila.co.uk/OverlappingTextExample.gif
They have many, many pages like this.

2. 100s of process diagrams where everything is in a text extension area
(even labels), many of them very large and, as before, expanding them
creates an unreadable mess.
http://www.sandrila.co.uk/TextExtensionsExample.gif

Any comments on the above?

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.      paul#pherber.com