SDL-News: problems towards real concurrent simulations for SDL systems

Subject: SDL-News: problems towards real concurrent simulations for SDL systems
From: D Wang, Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Diyu.Wang#bristol.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 11:38:44 GMT

-----From "D Wang, Electrical & Electronic Engineering" <Diyu.Wang#bristol.ac.uk> to sdlnews -----

Dear experts,

I wonder whether there are solutions to the following problems:

1. For example, for an SDL system with `A, B, C, D' processes, can I
simulate different processor configurations? That is, to get different
generated code (e.g. _smc.exe or _rtc.exe from TAU) for different processor
allocations (i.e. Case 1: `A, B' on one processor, `C, D' on another; or
Case 2: `A, B, C' on one processor, `D' on another processor; etc.
processor's speed assumed as equal, and without the consideration of I/O
speed, memory, etc.).

2. For the problem above, are the "deployment diagram" and related
"partitioning diagram" from Telelogic TAU able to setting the processor
allocations, and get the simulation .exe from TAU's "Make", which really
"simulate" the processor configurations?

3. Are there any simulators which can distribute SDL processes to run on
several real PCs?

Thanks a lot and hope there are positive answers!

Gary
--End text from "D Wang, Electrical & Electronic Engineering" <Diyu.Wang#bristol.ac.uk> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>