Re: SDL-News: SDL CIF ServicePage, BlockPage and ChannelSubstructure

Subject: Re: SDL-News: SDL CIF ServicePage, BlockPage and ChannelSubstructure
From: Rick Reed TSE (rickreed#tseng.co.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 11:42:33 GMT

-----From Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews -----

Paul Herber at paul#pherber.com wrote on 02/11/04 14:41:

> Hi all,
> Further to my previous email concerning CIF ExtendedTask, we have now come
> across the following:
>
> /* CIF ServicePage
> /* CIF BlockPage
> /* CIF ChannelSubstructure
>
> non of which are in the Z106 spec.
>
> Reason, syntax and desired effect would be much appreciated.
>
> MTIA.

Dear Paul, Dear All,

The current Z.106 does not support ServicePage or ChannelSubstructure
because SDL-2000 no longer supports these features (Services and
ChannelSubstructure).

However, these should have been supported on the old version of Z.106 and
there should probably be at least a policy (if not a precise specification)
how to deal with obsolete CIF.

BlockPage was also in the old version and is not really needed now.

BlockPage was used in block and block type diagrams to distinguish between
pages containing blocks and pages containing processes. If BlockPage was
given, the page contains blocks. If Page was given, the page contained
processes. In SDL-2000 processes and blocks can be mixed.

ServicePage was used in process and process type diagrams to distinguish
between pages containing flow graphs and pages containing services. If
ServicePage was given, the page contains services. If Page was given, the
page contains flow graphs. Note that all pages in a process diagram must be
of the same type.

The old version of Z.106 is available to Society members as file
z106e.doc(ITUdoc-08Oct97)
in the zip file at
http://sdl-forum.org/members/Downloads/SDL92-96.zip
(username and password needed).

--
Rick Reed - rickreed#tseng.co.uk
Tel:+44 15394 88462 Mob.:+44 7970 50 96 50

--End text from Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews --- For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>