SDL-News: Multiple Configuration Development

Subject: SDL-News: Multiple Configuration Development
From: Peter Heath (Peter.Heath#motorola.com)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 06:30:16 GMT

-----From Peter Heath <Peter.Heath#motorola.com> to sdlnews -----

Hi,
I am investigating what alternatives there are using SDL in Tau 4.4.4
to cater for multiple configuration development.
The code we are attempting to "port" to SDL is written in C and
has a multitude of ##ifdef's. There is some justification to retain this
concept in the SDL (though alternative configuration management
options could be used).
I have explored the use of synonyms and transitions, but these are
limited in application.
Are there any other mechanisms, or variants on that one that have
been used with success by anybody?
Thanks,
Peter Heath
Adelaide, Australia

--End text from Peter Heath <Peter.Heath#motorola.com> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>