SDL-News: Inheritance

Subject: SDL-News: Inheritance
KEMoss6#aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 17:07:57 GMT

Hello all

I seem to have found out what I was doing wrong when redefining a block type
that inherits from another block type. As was pointed out I have to change the
attribute to existing but more than that I should not specify the new
instance in the form entity:Block_Type but just entity. When I do that all my error
messages disappear.

As I said in my last email I tried using GR to PR and PR to GR and ended up
with a system without errors of the form that I was trying to create. I
realised the subtle difference in the models this morning. I assume that the form
shown in Laurent Doldi's book is for the TAU tools. I just thought that if
somebody using Cinderella would like to note the change required.

I suppose after all that I have another question. How is this enheritance
defined in the standard, presumably just the PR format and the tools designers
have to interpret for a GR format? I obviously now feel that the GR format
should be specified by the standard for an exact specification

Keith Moss

[...]

--End text from KEMoss6#aol.com to sdlnews --- For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at