Re: SDL-News: sub-state machine and persistent state

Subject: Re: SDL-News: sub-state machine and persistent state
From: Eckhardt Holz (holz#informatik.hu-berlin.de)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 09:55:41 GMT

-----From Eckhardt Holz <holz#informatik.hu-berlin.de> to sdlnews -----

Hi,

with most recent version of SDL (SDL-2000) sub-states are available in
SDL. The concept is called composite states, similar to UML you can
decompose a state into a sub-state machine a shallow and a deep history
mechanism as well as multiple entry and exit points are available too.
You may also decompose a state into multiple semi-concurrent state
machines (alternating execution of transitions).
However, I am not sure, whether any of the SDL tools (e.g. SDT/TAU,
Cinderella, etc) does already implement these new concepts.
For more information on SDL-2000 see my webpages with a tutorial:
http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~holz/SDLTutorial/

Eckhardt Holz

--
Dr. Eckhardt Holz
Institut für Informatik            Rudower Chaussee 25

--End text from Eckhardt Holz <holz#informatik.hu-berlin.de> to sdlnews --- For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>