SDL-News: sub-state machine and persistent state

Subject: SDL-News: sub-state machine and persistent state
From: Scott Shen (Scott.Shen#holleycomm.com)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 22:01:51 GMT

Hi:

Does anyone know how to model sub-state machine in SDL? Is it correct to say
that we can define sub-state machines in procedures but whenever the
procedure is called the sub-state always starts from "start"?

Now I want to have multiple sub-state machines (each is run in a procedure)
running concurrently inside a process, therefore every time the process
leaves and returns to a procedure the revisited procedure should remember
what was its last sub-state and resume from the same sub-state. Is there any
way allow me to do something like that in SDL? Or, is there a better (the
right way) approach?

Thanks,

Scott Shen
Sr. Software Architect
Holley Communications Canada Inc.
scott.shen#holleycomm.com
Tel: 604.233.3804, Fax: 604.231.8745

##300-13775 Commerce Parkway
Richmond, BC V6V 2V4
Canada

[...]

--End text from Scott Shen to sdlnews --- For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at