SDL-News: A strange question (without Chinese characters).

Subject: SDL-News: A strange question (without Chinese characters).
From: Rick Reed TSE (rickreed#tseng.co.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 22:32:33 GMT

-----From Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews -----

> From: "Zhang Yongqian" <zhangyq#mail.ustc.edu.cn>
> Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 11:44:09 +0800
> To: <sdlnews#sdl-forum.org>
> Subject: SDL-news: A strange question

I encounter a strange question. My tool is TAU.

In a simple case, I use a ASN.1 module in my SDL system.

MyModule DEFINITIONS ::=
BEGIN
Color ::= ENUMERATED { red(0), yellow(1), blue(2) }
END

Then I declare a NEWTYPE :

NEWTYPE ColorToString
array ( Color, IA5String )
ENDNEWTYPE ;

And some variables

DCL
c Color ;

In the SDL GR, I write the following code in a task symble:
c := First(red)

When I analyze the system, the following information is given by TAU:

+ Analysis started
Conversion of ASN.1, SDL to PR started
Conversion to PR completed
Syntactic analysis started
Syntactic analysis completed
Semantic analysis started

##SDTREF(SDL,D:\Telelogic\SDL_TTCN_Suite4.2\work\Formal_Integration\MyProc.sp
r(
1),137(90,75),1)
1: ERROR 343 No matching field selection, array element access or prefix
operator
First ?( red)

What's wrong with the operator? This is just a simple case in TAU help
manual.
I am mazed.

--End text from Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>