RE: SDL-News: Import/Export - reg

Subject: RE: SDL-News: Import/Export - reg
From: Elangovan Angannan (sdlelango#yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 06:12:16 GMT

-----From Elangovan Angannan <sdlelango#yahoo.com> to sdlnews -----

Dear John Svensson & Laurent DOLDI ,

Thanks a lot for your valuable responses.

The objective of this system is to send a signal
setx(Integer) from env to process1. The process1 has
to export the value, so that process2 can import it
and send back to the environment through
fromp2(Integer) signal.

I tried your recommendations. I was able to solve the
error reported by my SDL tool(cynderella). But I was
not able to achieve my objective.

Where exactly am I failing?

Thanks in advance for any help
Elango

 *** START of modified system ***

 package referenced;

 package mypackage;
   signal setx(integer),fromp2(integer);
 endpackage;

 use mypackage;
 block myblock;
   remote x integer;
   signalroute SR1 from p2 to env with fromp2;
   signalroute SR2 from p1 to env with setx;
   process p1 referenced;
   process p2 referenced;
 endblock;

 process <<block myblock>>p2;
   imported x integer;

   start;
   nextstate waitx;

   state waitx;
    input none;

    output fromp2(import(x));
    nextstate -;
   endstate waitx;
 endprocess;

 process<<block myblock>>p1;
   signalset setx;
   dcl exported x integer;

   start;
   nextstate init;

   state init;
    input setx(x);
    export(x);
    nextstate-;
   endstate init;
 endprocess;

--End text from Elangovan Angannan <sdlelango#yahoo.com> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>