RE: SDL-News: Two SDL systems on the same target platform

Subject: RE: SDL-News: Two SDL systems on the same target platform
From: Cenk TUGÇETIN (CTugcetin#hc.aselsan.com.tr)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 11:46:18 GMT

-----From =?iso-8859-1?Q?Cenk_TUGÇETIN?= <CTugcetin#hc.aselsan.com.tr> to sdlnews -----

Dear Monear,

Cmicro is a separate package i.e. you must purchase a seperate license to
use it. Cmicro consists of a code generator (like Cbasic) and an SDL kernel
(like the Master Library). Cmicro is used for generating embedded
applications and the kernel is much more smaller than the master library.

You can find the information you need on chapter 61 and chapter 62 of the
Telelogic Tau's on-line documentation.

If you are not planning to purchase the package, you may do the following:

1. Implement light integration for each of your SDL systems. That is, each
SDL system will run by its own SDT kernel and communicate with other tasks
through its environment functions.

2. Now when you try to link the whole application, there will be multiple
definitions of the kernel functions and the global variables that is used by
the kernel. These definitions come from each SDL system's code. To overcome
this you must prefix all the functions and global variables used in each SDL
system's kernel. This is a cumbursome task and you must have a good
knowledge of the SDT kernel you are using. Remember that you must repeat
this procedure each time you generate code from the SDL specifications.

However, if you have a look at the Cmicro documentation you will see that
the above procedure is done almost automatically. Therefore I recommend you
using the Cmicro package.

Hope this helps.

Cenk.

-----End text from =?iso-8859-1?Q?Cenk_TUGÇETIN?= <CTugcetin#hc.aselsan.com.tr> to sdlnews -----