Re: SDL-News: Object Geode

Subject: Re: SDL-News: Object Geode
From: Philippe Leblanc (philippe.leblanc#csverilog.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 10:47:13 GMT

-----From "Philippe Leblanc" <philippe.leblanc#csverilog.com> to sdlnews -----

Dear M. Houzel,

You can model your database as an Abstract Data Type and declare read/write
access operators.
I think you should also declare another ADT to define the structure of the
records stored in the Database.

Here is an SDL example:

newtype Record
struct
key_f1 <type of Field 1 used as key>;
f2 <Field 2 type>;
...;
endnewtype;

newtype DataBase
likterals Empty;
operators
store: DataBase, Record -> DataBase;
delete: DataBase, Record -> DataBase;
get: DataBase, <Field 1 type> -> Record;
endnewtype;

Then in a state machine, you can store records in or delete from your
database:

DCL myDB DataBase := Empty;
DCL aRecord Record;
DCL aKey <Field 1 type>;

TASK aRecord := (. aKey, y... .);
TASK myDB := store (myDB, aRecord);
TASK aRecord := get (myDB, aKey);

Then ObjectGEODE gives you the possibility to implement the operators
(store, delete...) in C, and to simulate the SDL model with your real
database. At code generation time, you will be able to compile the C source
code that will be generated from your SDL model with your C code entered
manually.

This is a short explanation sketching the basic possibilities provided by
ObjectGEODE, but if you need more information on the use of the tools, I
would recommend you to rather contact CS VERILOG, support#csverilog.com,
instead of using this mailing list which is of general purpose.

Regards,
Philippe Leblanc
Senior Consultant
CS VERILOG
150 rue Vauquelin, Toulouse, F-31106, France
Direct: +33 5 61 19 29 33 Switch: +33 5 61 19 29 39
Fax: +33 5 61 40 84 52 Mobile: +33 6 07 34 15 24
Email: philippe.leblanc#csverilog.com
Web: www.csverilog.com