Re: SDL-News: priority in SDL

Subject: Re: SDL-News: priority in SDL
From: Martin von Loewis (loewis#informatik.hu-berlin.de)
Date: Mon Aug 02 1999 - 09:49:31 GMT

-----From Martin von Loewis <loewis#informatik.hu-berlin.de> to sdlnews -----

> I'm new to SDL and I have a question related to continuous signals which
> some of you experts can probably answer right away. A continuous signal
> contains a boolean expression and can be optionally followed by a
> priority clause. Can this priority be dynamic or must it be static?

It must be static - it even cannot be a synonym; it must be an Integer
literal. It determines the order in which the expressions in the
continuous signals are evaluated; if it was dynamic, it could not be
transformed into a series of decisions as it is right now.

Regards,
Martin

-----End text from Martin von Loewis <loewis#informatik.hu-berlin.de> to sdlnews -----
Join http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm for extra SDL Forum Society benefits
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org