SDL-News: Dash nextstate

Subject: SDL-News: Dash nextstate
Kjeld.F.Christensen#dxd.ericsson.se
Date: Mon May 10 1999 - 09:49:10 GMT

-----From Kjeld.F.Christensen#dxd.ericsson.se to sdlnews -----

Hello Dmitri

The most simple answer seems to be, that the Dash does not change the
state.
Thus You will still be in the same state as when the transition started,
nomatter how You walked hrough the flow graph.

  Kjeld Flarup

> The originator of this message is responsible for its content.
> -----From Dmitri Sotnikov <mitia#iname.com> to sdlnews -----
>
> Dear SDL experts,
>
> I'm currently studying SDL and have problems in understanding some of
> its concepts. For example, could someone explain to me how is Dash
> nextstate treated when it ends a transition started with a state list
> containing multiple states?
> So if we have:
>
> > STATE s4;
> > INPUT NONE;
> > TASK x2:=x2+1;
> > JOIN MyLabel;
> > ENDSTATE s4;
> > STATE s1,s2,s3;
> > INPUT NONE;
> > MyLabel:
> > TASK x4:=x4+1;
> > NEXTSTATE-;
> > ENDSTATE;
> >
> What state the process will be in, after it joins the transition with
> MyLabel?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Dmitri
>

> -----End text from Dmitri Sotnikov <mitia#iname.com> to sdlnews -----
> For help, email "majordomo#sdl-forum.org" with the body of your email
as:
> help
> or (iff this does not answer your question) email:
owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org

-----End text from Kjeld.F.Christensen#dxd.ericsson.se to sdlnews -----
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org