SDL-News: Dash nextstate

Subject: SDL-News: Dash nextstate
From: Dmitri Sotnikov (mitia#iname.com)
Date: Mon May 10 1999 - 07:32:23 GMT

-----From Dmitri Sotnikov <mitia#iname.com> to sdlnews -----

Dear SDL experts,

I'm currently studying SDL and have problems in understanding some of
its concepts. For example, could someone explain to me how is Dash
nextstate treated when it ends a transition started with a state list
containing multiple states?
So if we have:

> STATE s4;
> INPUT NONE;
> TASK x2:=x2+1;
> JOIN MyLabel;
> ENDSTATE s4;
> STATE s1,s2,s3;
> INPUT NONE;
> MyLabel:
> TASK x4:=x4+1;
> NEXTSTATE-;
> ENDSTATE;

What state the process will be in, after it joins the transition with
MyLabel?

Thank you in advance,
Dmitri

-----End text from Dmitri Sotnikov <mitia#iname.com> to sdlnews -----
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org