Re: SDL-News: Exported Variables

Subject: Re: SDL-News: Exported Variables
From: Rick Reed TSE (rickreed#tseng.co.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 16 1997 - 09:33:50 GMT

-----From Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews -----

My opinion is that this inconsistency in Z.100 should be resolved by
changing the formal definition. My reason is that I believe that is more
consistent with the rules for resolution by context.

The alternative would be to change the text in 4.13:
"... In case of no *as* clause the remote variable definition in the
nearest enclosing scope unit with the same name as the
exported variable is denoted. This must have the same sort as the exported
variable."
which would be easier to understand, read and write.

--
Rick Reed, TSE Limited
13 Weston House, 18-22 Church Street

-----End text from Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews ----- For help, email "majordomo#sdl-forum.org" with the body of your email as: help or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org