SDL-News: Delays in Channels (repeat)

Subject: SDL-News: Delays in Channels (repeat)
Sanjay_Chakravarty#ecitele.com
Date: Mon Jan 27 1997 - 03:29:57 GMT

-----From Sanjay Chakravarty <sanjay#cadence.com> to sdlnews -----

I am not very comfortable with the non-deterministic delays in channels

as defined by SDL88. Does this mean the ordering of events at the input

queue of a process is purely random? After all, different sequencing of

events can lead to different behaviour by the state machine. So, I would

be forced to conclude that SDL cannot be used as a language for modeling

the behaviour of a system. Am I right?

--

Regards

Sanjay

Sanjay Chakravarty | A GREAT TRUTH is

| one whose opposite

\|/ | is also a

| | GREAT TRUTH.

/|\ |

| -- Thomas Mann

Email: sanjay#cadence.com |

-----End text from Sanjay Chakravarty <sanjay#cadence.com> to sdlnews -----

or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org