SDL-News: how can a queue in SDL (or queue in C which can be used in TAU) delay each signal without specifying the signal names?

Subject: SDL-News: how can a queue in SDL (or queue in C which can be used in TAU) delay each signal without specifying the signal names?
From: D Wang, Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Diyu.Wang#bristol.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 09:28:54 GMT

-----From "D Wang, Electrical & Electronic Engineering" <Diyu.Wang#bristol.ac.uk> to sdlnews -----

Dear friends,

I need to build a queue in SDL (or TAU) to model m/m/1. The queue delays
each signal for a period and then send the signal out. I read the help
document several times, but cannot solve the problem:

How can SDL *recognise* different signals (e.g. sigA, sigB) with one set of
commands? That is, how can the SDL queue (or C queue which can be used in
TAU) delay each signal without specifying the signal names?

It seems SDL can only deal with each signal explicitly by its signal name,
right? and even each signal need to have different names when being sent
into and out from the queue, otherwise the queue will receive the same
signal again and again as a self-message.

I appreciate every piece of help on how such a queue can be done in SDL or
TAU.

Thank you very much.

Gary
--End text from "D Wang, Electrical & Electronic Engineering" <Diyu.Wang#bristol.ac.uk> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>