SDL-News: Timers in Procedures

Subject: SDL-News: Timers in Procedures
From: Peter Heath (Peter.Heath#motorola.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 02:08:58 GMT

-----From Peter Heath <Peter.Heath#motorola.com> to sdlnews -----

Hi,
I have conflicting documentation regarding use of timers in an SDL
procedure.
Is it legal. I am using Tau 4.4.4.
I actually would like to make the procedure a global procedure as well.
However I either can declare the timer locally to the procedure (does
not seem to be legal), or reuse a timer from the calling process
(no mechanism for this seems available either).
Thanks,
Peter Heath
Adelaide, Australia
--End text from Peter Heath <Peter.Heath#motorola.com> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>