RE: SDL-News: Process types

Subject: RE: SDL-News: Process types
From: Erik Mats (Erik.Mats#telelogic.com)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 16:53:42 GMT

Hi Keith,

you may want to consider using the "SENDER" expression to determine where a
particular signal originated. However, if you only compile one particular
process type in your test executable there is a great chance that "sender"
will always be "env:1".

If you are using the Tau SDL Suite Simulator there is a "trick" you can do
which involves doing "output-internal" instead of "output-to" or
"output-via". This will allow you to specify the sender of signals you
input.

If you are using the Tau SDL Suite, you could also implement an "enabling
condition" corresponding to an "input <Signal> FROM <PId>", although this
will be non-standard and a little technical. If I may shamelessly "plug"
myself a bit, I would recommend looking up my article "Setting Your Signal
Priorities Straight" (on how to implement several levels of priority inputs)
from http://www.telelogic.com/resources/
<http://www.telelogic.com/resources/> . The implementation given in this
article should be - somewhat easily - modifiable for an "input from"
construct, where the enabling condition may determine which process sent a
particular signal instance, before accepting an input. I am not sure whether
this would be useful for you.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I misunderstood your question, or if I can
clarify anything.

Best regards
/Erik
Tau Generation2 - Development Visualized. Productivity Realized.
Learn more about Telelogic's new system and software development solution
at:
< <http://www.taug2.com/> http://www.taug2.com>
Telelogic Tau Support
1-800-577-8449 x 1
 <mailto:TauSupport.US#Telelogic.com> mailto:TauSupport.US#Telelogic.com

Erik Mats
Senior Technical Support Engineer, Team Lead, Tau Support
Telelogic North America Inc,
400 Valley Road Ste 200, Mount Arlington NJ 07856
http://www.telelogic.com <http://www.telelogic.com/>
mailto:erik.mats#telelogic.com <mailto:erik.mats#telelogic.com>
Phone: +1-973-770-5830
Fax: +1-973-770-6401
Mobile phone: +1-973-615-6906

Telelogic - Automating the development lifecycle!