SDL-News: Please Help, With Telelogic Tau 4.4.0, Strings

Subject: SDL-News: Please Help, With Telelogic Tau 4.4.0, Strings
From: Rick Reed TSE (rickreed#tseng.co.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 15:47:04 GMT

-----From Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews -----

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 01:29:19 -0800 (PST)
From: sumankumar pramanik <pkumarsuman#yahoo.com>
Subject: Please Help, With Telelogic Tau 4.4.0, unable to make empty String
To: sdlnews#sdl-forum.org

Unable to make empty String(e.g char *str=""; in C) of arbitrary type,
can't assign '1001'B to variable of Bit_string sort, ''B ( empty octet
string) to variable of octet_string sort which are legal according to Z.100

-----------------

Hello,

I am a user of Telelogic Tau 4.4.0. I have some
problems when programming with SDL on Telelogic Tau
tool.

If there is anybody in helping to solve this problems,
please reply.

Problem 1. The following is not a valid assignment
according to the syntax/symantic checker in
Telelogic Tau 4.4.0.

we had declaration:

dcl tempOctStr Octet_string;

tempOctStr:=''B

According to Z.100, ''B is the empty Octet_String.
So, please tell me how can i make an empty
octet_string(an valid octet string of length 0).

Problem 2: For a variable of sort Bit_String like
this:

dcl tempBitstr Bit_String;

I am unable to do the following :

tempBitstr:='001'B

But according to Z.100, '001'B is a valid Bit String.

3. Will the following declaration create a string S1
of a user defined sort MyType?

dcl S1 String(MyType, empty)

If so, what value should I assign in "empty" to have
the above declaration valid to create a string with
elements of MyType sort?

2. How can I make an empty string(meaning a valid
string of length 0) of a user defined sort MyType (
e.g. in C we do like this:

char *str; str="";

to make a string of length 0;) in SDL?

With kind regards,
sumankumar pramanik

--End text from Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>