RE: SDL-News: Pid values and physical postion

Subject: RE: SDL-News: Pid values and physical postion
sriram.jatla#telelogic.com
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 07:09:45 GMT

-----From sriram.jatla#telelogic.com to sdlnews -----

Adding to it would be to use an "Observer" process who monitors the
instantiations of the types and sends the Pid's to the environment (
OS/process.....). So, from outside you would always know which instance
either at static/dynamic runtime has what PID. Plus to know the
communication between instances, it would be important to send and receive
messages with the PID of the instance as a parameter and this calls for
precise implementation in the SDLs

Best Regards
Sriram