SDL-News: Recursive Procedure in SDL

Subject: SDL-News: Recursive Procedure in SDL
From: Yuchen Zhang (zhang#stc.corp.mot.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 16:10:16 GMT

-----From Yuchen Zhang <zhang#stc.corp.mot.com> to sdlnews -----

Hello,

I post a message about recursive procedure in SDL awhile ago, but didn't
get much reply, so I'd like to give it a try again. And this time, I will
try to be more specific.

SDL supports recursive procedures, but I have not encountered any models
using them. There is a theory I heard that it's because faulty recursive
procedures may crash the whole system through over-flowing the stack while
faulty iterations may just lock up one process. The theory is debatable
as far as I can see. And now that recursive procedures in SDL is not going
away any time soon (as far as I know), I was wondering why are recursive
procedures not used, or (hopefully) I am just missing out a whole world
out there using SDL recursive procedures. Thanks.

Best,

Yuchen Zhang

--End text from Yuchen Zhang <zhang#stc.corp.mot.com> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>