SDL-News: RE: SDL+performance

Subject: SDL-News: RE: SDL+performance
rick.reed#ties.itu.ch
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 13:22:02 GMT

-----From <rick.reed#ties.itu.ch> to sdlnews -----

From: VINCENT Daniel FTRD/DTL/LAN
<daniel.vincent#rd.francetelecom.com>
To: "'Mitschele-Thiel, Andreas (Andreas)'" <mitsch#lucent.com>
Subject: RE: SDL+performance
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:48:50 +0100

I answer to Andreas questions,and maybe this can have some interest for
some other people.

I did not mention existing prototypes or university tools, but of course
several teams have already worked on SDL and time directly or by
translating
SDL to another formalism.
Among them, QSDL/Quest by university of Essen is one of the most
known, buid directly on SDL, and is
referred to (I think) in the Interval website somewhere. Instead, ask to
Andreas or Bruno Mueller-Clostermann. It is more dedicated to
performance evaluation than to model checking, but most
of the issues regarding time are common (delays, ressources ...). The
university of Erlangen is also active in this domain.

Concerning the question on the ObjectGeode simulator : it is not (only) =
the performance simulator that came out of a previous european project.
It is a real extension of the simulator for improving model checking and
timed functional verification. The extensions mostly come from the Interval
project (with help of the Verimag laboratory in Grenoble which worked on
the IF/KRONOS toolset), and have been worked out by Iulian Ober in his
thesis.

--End text from <rick.reed#ties.itu.ch> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>