SDL-News: SDL Quries

Subject: SDL-News: SDL Quries
From: Elangovan Angannan (sdlelango#yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 15:15:37 GMT

-----From Elangovan Angannan <sdlelango#yahoo.com> to sdlnews -----

Dear SDL experts,

Thanks a lot for all your valuable responses. Atlast I
was able to succeed in my objective. The system
worked. The explanations given by you were fantastic.
I feel with this kind of support from the SDL forum, I
will soon be able answer the questions instead of just
asking questions.

I would like to personally thank Rick Reed, Eckhardt
Holz, Laurent DOLDI and john.svensson.

BASIC SDL QUERIES: -

1) How to convert an integer value to CharString?
2) Consider the following SDL/PR code:

   package mypackage;
     signal first(CharString, CharString),
second(CharString, CharString), Result(CharString),
Quit;
   endpackage;

   use mypackage;
   process p;
     signalset first, second, quit;
     dcl a, b, result CharString := '';

     start;
       nextstate s1;

     state s1;
      input Quit;
       stop;

      input first(a, b);
        MYCONCAT:
          task result := ('A = ' // a // ', B = ' //
b);
          output Result(result);
          nextstate s1;

      input second(,b);
        join MYCONCAT;
     endstate s1;
   endprocess;

When I gave the signal second('Hello', 'World'), I got
Result('A = ,B= ') instead of Result('A = ,B
=World')? Why does I received this behavior?

3) What is the use of specifying multiple names for a
state like
     state s1, s2;
        <something...>
     endstate
     ?

4) What is the use of informal task?

5) How to use 'any'? I read, it is used to assign an
arbitary value to a variable.
    When I tried,
         dcl x CharString;
         task x := any; --> It didn't work! WHY?

6) Now expression provides the current system time,
isn't it? When I tried to execute the following code,
I got 806.248000. What does this real number indicate?

   output CurrentTime(now);

Thanks a lot
Elango

For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>