RE: SDL-News: time conversion

Subject: RE: SDL-News: time conversion
From: Thomas Weigert (thomas.weigert#motorola.com)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 02:51:31 GMT

-----From "Thomas Weigert" <thomas.weigert#motorola.com> to sdlnews -----

We could, of course, also wonder why it has to be that time and duration
have their special data types (in particular, as these are not very
sophisticated types---no date fields, etc.). One could use reals for setting
timers etc. just as well?

Is there any good reason for not using reals to set SDL timers?

Thanks, Thomas.

--End text from "Thomas Weigert" <thomas.weigert#motorola.com> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>