RE: MSC-News: Incomplete messages

Subject: RE: MSC-News: Incomplete messages
From: Jan Docekal (jan.docekal#telelogic.se)
Date: Thu Aug 20 1998 - 07:11:48 GMT

-----From Jan Docekal <jan.docekal#telelogic.se> to mscnews -----

Dear Dimitry,

It is correct.

Possible interpreatations follows:

Instance A sends message M to instance B. After M is sent, but before M
is recieved, B is (inexpectedly) terminated. Message B still knows that
it was on its way to B, but can no longer find it.

I think that the possibility to specify the reciever of the lost
messages is most useful when making a trace of a system execution,
rather than when specifying system behaviour.

/Best Regards,
Jan

-----End text from Jan Docekal <jan.docekal#telelogic.se> to mscnews -----
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-mscnews#sdl-forum.org