Annual General Meeting 2016
of the SDL Forum Society
The Annual General Meeting 2016 of the SDL Forum Society was
held during the SAM2016 conference venue in Saint Malo, France at 17:00
on Monday, October 3, 2016.
The meeting was held in room Lamennais 3 at Palais du Grand Large Conference Center,
1 Quai Duguay-Trouin, F-35400 Saint Malo.
The business of the meeting was as follows:
- To approve the minutes of the previous AGM;
- To receive and adopt the report of the Board and the statement of accounts for the year;
- To elect the Board for the coming year;
- To elect the auditors for the coming year;
- To discuss the future operation of the Society;
- To consider any proposed resolutions from the Board or members for operation of
the Society in future, including (but not limited to) Society Events (see
http://www.sdl-forum.org/Events/index.htm), standardisation work, member
benefits and subscriptions.
The existing Board nominated the following candidates and as there were no other nominations this Board was elected. The 2016-2017 Board is therefore::
- Chairman - Reinhard Gotzhein, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany;
- Treasurer – Jens Grabowski, University of Göttingen, Germany;
- Secretary – Ferhat Khendek, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada.
The following resolutions considered and agreed by the meeting:
- Gabor Kovacs: To hold SDL Forum 2017 in Budapest, Hungary, organized by the Scientific Association for Infocommunications,
Ericsson Hungary and the Budapest University of Technology and Economics, with the exact dates will be finalized
with the board of the SDL Forum Society;
- Board: If at the end of the AGM, there has been no decision on the Society event (SDL Forum or SAM Conference) for the following year,
the Board is authorized to nominate a team of organizers and conference chairs, to choose a location, and a time for the event;
- Board: The Board is authorized to spend up to 4.000 Euros for Wikipedia-related work;
- Board: To cover liabilities related to an event organized by the SDL Forum Society,
20.000 Euros of the assets of the Society are declared as reserve funds.
October 7, 2016