SDL-News: Object oriented SDL

Subject: SDL-News: Object oriented SDL
From: Hendrik Skarpeid (hendrik.skarpeid#phontech.no)
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 08:42:27 GMT

-----From Hendrik Skarpeid <hendrik.skarpeid#phontech.no> to sdlnews -----

I am no SDL expert, and I was wondering if this is possible to do in SDL96:

A process (Process1) is to communicate with another process.(Not to difficult :) ). Process1 will be instantiated at startup.
The other process (Process2) is created and destroyed dynamically. There will be three different types that this process can be instantiated from, and which of these types it will be, will be decided upon at runtime.

Is there any way to define a virtual Process2 type and define signal routes between Process1 and the virtual Process2. Then define three different process types that inherits the virtual process type and instantiate processes from any of these three types.

-
Hendrik Skarpeid, Phontech as

-----End text from Hendrik Skarpeid <hendrik.skarpeid#phontech.no> to sdlnews -----
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org