RE: SDL-News: Melba SDL tool

Subject: RE: SDL-News: Melba SDL tool
From: Alan Tabourian (tabourian#csi.com)
Date: Thu Mar 18 1999 - 16:58:01 GMT

-----From Alan Tabourian <tabourian#csi.com> to sdlnews -----

>-----From M T Chan <csmtchan#cityu.edu.hk> to sdlnews -----
>
>One suggestion is to make the tool "open source" so that anyone interested
can co-develop and collaborate further. I believe most of us would like to
have a code generator for some platforms but cannot make definite
committment in terms of development time and resource.

>Regards.

I think that making it an "open source" tool is a great idea. As far as
code generation is concerned, I suppose that one could always use ProGen,
the SDL code generation tool SINTEF which AFAIK is available to educational
institutions for a nominal fee.

For info on ProGen see <http://www.informatics.sintef.no/~proggen/main.html>

Regards,

Alan+

-----End text from Alan Tabourian <tabourian#csi.com> to sdlnews -----
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org