SDL-News: Context Parameters

Subject: SDL-News: Context Parameters
From: M T Chan (csmtchan#cityu.edu.hk)
Date: Tue Dec 08 1998 - 19:25:48 GMT

-----From M T Chan <csmtchan#cityu.edu.hk> to sdlnews -----

Hello SDL users,

I am looking for advice/experience for application of context parameters in real-life projects using SDL specifications. My understanding is context parameters could be used for parameterization of specifications (behavior or otherwise) to handle different types in the calling context. I have checked with Telelogic that SDT, the latest release, does not support code generation for context parameters and I did not get reply from Verilog. Without code generation support, I wonder how context parameters can be applied to system implementation. Any comment/pointers to study or papers are most welcomed.

Thanks.

M T Chan
--------
Department of Computer Science
City University of Hong Kong

-----End text from M T Chan <csmtchan#cityu.edu.hk> to sdlnews -----
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org