Re: SDL-News: Modeling a point to multipoint system in SDL.

Subject: Re: SDL-News: Modeling a point to multipoint system in SDL.
From: Erika Svensson (focus1#toos2 )
Date: Wed Apr 22 1998 - 07:52:25 GMT

-----From focus1#toos2 (Erika Svensson) to sdlnews -----

Why not introduce an adminstrator process in the slave-block.
Let this process create the slave-station process instances and
then communicate the process identities to the server. The server can
then use these pids to address signals to a specific slave-instance.
(The administrator will get the pid of a child in the OFFSPRING
pid-expression at each execution of a create request.)

One alternative would be to let each slave instance send a signal to the server
in its start transition. The server can then save the sender-expression
for each signal received from the slaves and use them for future addressing.

/Erika
Erika Svensson Tel: +46-40-660 98 00 (vxl)
Enea Data AB +46-40-660 98 10 (dir)
                           070 8278997 (GSM)
Methods & Tools Fax: +46-40-660 98 30
Box 4150
Jörgen Kocksgatan 9 Email: ersv#enea.se
s-203 12 Malmö http://www.enea.se

> From alfgonza#sarenet.es Tue Apr 21 23:14:16 1998
> Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 21:51:29 +0200
> From: alfgonza <alfgonza#sarenet.es>
> To: sdlnews#sdl-forum.org
> Subject: SDL-news: Modeling a point to multipoint system in SDL.
>
> The originator of this message is responsible for its content.
> -----From alfgonza <alfgonza#sarenet.es> to sdlnews -----
>
> I need help on how to model a point to multipoint system in SDL. The
> system is composed of on master
> station and several slave stations.
>
> My first approach was to define a block which contains the process that
> describes de behaviour of the
> master station. A second block contains a set of instances. Each
> instance describers de behaviours of a slave station.
>
> The problem is how to address a signal from the master station to a
> specific instance of a slave stations.
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> -----End text from alfgonza <alfgonza#sarenet.es> to sdlnews -----
> For help, email "majordomo#sdl-forum.org" with the body of your email as:
> help
> or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org

-----End text from focus1#toos2 (Erika Svensson) to sdlnews -----
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org