Re: SDL-News: many-to-one signal query

Subject: Re: SDL-News: many-to-one signal query
From: Martin v. Loewis (loewis#informatik.hu-berlin.de)
Date: Wed Jan 07 1998 - 18:38:59 GMT

-----From "Martin v. Loewis" <loewis#informatik.hu-berlin.de> to sdlnews -----

> If one want a process to receive signals of the same name (but carrying
> different data) arriving in on different gates; is there a way of
> specifying the input transition to accept only from a particular gate?
>
> If Not I presume the only solution would be to have separate input
> transitions inside separate services connected to the relevant gate inputs.
>
> I wonder have I answered my oun question.

Oliver,
I guess you haven't. You cannot save a signal depending on the gate
it came through - all signals are put into a single queue and consumed
in the order in which they arrive.

You also cannot connect the gates to different services, since two
services must not consume the same signals. IOW, specifying two
services in a process that have input transitions for the same signal
is illegal.

If the signals arriving at these two ports should be distinguishable,
you need to define two different signals.

Hope this helps,
Martin

-----End text from "Martin v. Loewis" <loewis#informatik.hu-berlin.de> to sdlnews -----
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org