SDL-News: Integer paramaters fandprocess types

Subject: SDL-News: Integer paramaters fandprocess types
KEMoss6#aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 17:56:44 GMT

Hello all

I hope that somebody is able to understand this question and also to help
out.

I have process type with one signal as a context parameter. I would dearly
like to have an integer number as a second parameter but that is not possible
with process types. However procedures are a context parameter that can be used.
I thought that I could use a procedure to return a different integer when
called by different instances of the process. Everything seem hunky dory when I
declare the procedure name parameter as 'win' and the instances of the
procedure have winA and winB as the actual procedure parameter.

But I cannot seem to get IN/OUT bit right. I have an error message 'Error:
I/OUT Parameter missing for procedure when it represents winA ( / win B)

                  A:Node The declaration in the process box
            <PromptA,winA>

         Proceedure WinA
           FPAR Proceedure heading etc
           IN/OUT n Integer

The body of the procedure just assigns an integer n=30.

The procedure call is just win.

Any suggests welcomed,.

Keith Moss

Hello all

I hope that somebody is able to understand this question and also to help out.

I have process type with one signal as a context parameter. I would dearly like to have an integer number as a second parameter but that is not possible with process types. However procedures are a context parameter that can be used. I thought that I could use a procedure to return a different integer when called by different instances of the process. Everything seem hunky dory when I declare the procedure name parameter as 'win' and the instances of the procedure have winA and winB as the actual procedure parameter.

But I cannot seem to get IN/OUT bit right. I have an error message 'Error: I/OUT Parameter missing for procedure when it represents winA ( / win B)

                  A:Node               The declaration in the process box
            <PromptA,winA>

         Proceedure  WinA
           FPAR                                 Proceedure heading etc
           IN/OUT n Integer

The body of the procedure just assigns an integer n=30.

The procedure call is just win.

Any suggests welcomed,.

Keith Moss

--End text from KEMoss6#aol.com to sdlnews --- For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at