RE: SDL-News: how to generate a random number in SDL?

Subject: RE: SDL-News: how to generate a random number in SDL?
From: Scott Shen (Scott.Shen#holleycomm.com)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 22:11:32 GMT

Hi Laurent:

I talked to some people and some said ANY should give us a random number. I
am not familiar with ObjectGeode, so how about Tau?

I am using Cinderella v1.3, and this is what the company told me:
"ANY generates a random number ..." and "In Cinderella SDL, the random
generator is based on the C function rand() which returns a pseudo random
number."

Anyway, the Cinderella ANY does give me a random number sequence good enough
in terms of mean value and no obvious pattern. I hope in the future ANY (or
something else) in Z.100 can be designated clearly as a random number
generator.

Thanks for your helps,
Scott