SDL-News: Ethernet

Subject: SDL-News: Ethernet
From: Ranjit Singh (ranjit#sukhisoft.force9.net)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 12:40:28 GMT

-----From "Ranjit Singh" <ranjit#sukhisoft.force9.net> to sdlnews -----

[Posted to group as I've had 3 or 4 people mailing me about a similar query
I put a few months ago]

> Is there any SDL implementation of the Ethernet protocol
> or any other protocol I could read?I would like to see
> how protocols are implemented in SDL and specifically
> how the interfaces between OSI layers are implemented.

Have a look in "SDL: Formal Object-Oriented Language for
Communicating Systems." by Ellsberger et al., Prentice-Hall 1997, which is
about £35 (UK) from amazon.com. It has an implementation of a cut-down OSI,
with references to other, fuller, versions.

Ranjit.

-----End text from "Ranjit Singh" <ranjit#sukhisoft.force9.net> to sdlnews -----